Wednesday, May 18, 2011

'Sway'd' - Fluid Adagio Installation Winner

Many of you know that I have been heavily involved in the formulation and execution of the 'Fluid Adagio {amalgamation] Design/Build Competition' through my association with the Utah Young Architects Forum (YAF). It has been an exciting ride, not to mention exhausting at times. The first concept for the competition began over a year and a half ago and now it is finally time to celebrate. Daniel Lyman (a University of Utah architecture student) won the competition and has recently completed the installation. His installation is the largest piece of public art (that I know of) in Salt Lake City. It is a demonstration of the design potential for the abandoned/empty lots in our downtown. Please join the YAF for the opening of this installation on May 20th (see flyer above).

Here is a look at the completed installation, Sway'd. The construction fence will come down this Friday! More photos to come.


Below is the plaque/signage that will be on display at the site. Myself and Greg Walker developed the design and related graphics. Even though I was not able to enter the competition I am glad that I have a little piece of my own work on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment